Flower Power


Well, hello, Mr. Sun! It's so nice to see you.

I better take your picture before you flit off to some other part of the country.

~~~~~~~~~~

I was admiring the sweet little pink flowers that are blooming now. See them on the right? Don't ask me what they are. 

I don't know.

I don't know the names of any flowers other than the basics, like tulips and roses. That makes me sound like a bad flower person but it's just not my thing. I like flowers. A lot. I love looking at them and taking pictures of them. 

But I don't like planting them. Uck. All that dirt. All those bugs. And worms.

And I don't like watering them. Oops. Forgot again.

I really hate weeding. Er, was that a plant? How was I to know? They all look alike.

And pruning them? Or trimming them back? Uh, what does that mean?

I suppose one day I'll have to take care of them, and love them, like my darling mother in law. And you know what? When that day comes, I'll do it lovingly because it will connect me with her. And I really love her.

But not now. For now, the flowers belong to her and I get to photograph them.

Thank you, Mom.

Comments

Post a Comment