Pasta and flowers

My new favorite dish. Pasta Caprese.

I made an appetizer a few weeks ago that was simple and oh-so-delicious. 

Sliced french bread brushed with olive oil and put under the broiler until golden brown. Rub with fresh garlic. Put slice of fresh mozzarella on top of bread. And then pile tomato mixture on top of the cheese.

The tomato mixture is chopped, seeded plum tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and mix together. Let sit for a few minutes while bread is browning under broiler.

This started me on a need to eat caprese everything. 

E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

I use dinner rolls and make sandwiches for lunch. I put it in a wrap. I make bite size poppers of tomato slices, one basil leaf and a small piece of mozzarella. I can't get enough of these three tastes.

So I came up with a simple pasta dish. And we've had it for dinner twice in one week.

Cover skillet with layer of olive oil. Thinly slice fresh garlic and lightly brown in olive oil. Add eight chopped, seeded plum tomatoes, chopped fresh basil and salt and pepper and cook for a couple minutes. Just long enough to soften the tomatoes a bit. Add the mozzarella right before serving and pour the whole pan onto the angel hair pasta you've already cooked.

Oops, forgot to tell you that part. Cook angel hair pasta while you are making the tomato, basil, mozzarella stuff.

It's so good that I hardly have any left for lunch tomorrow. 

Drat.
The Man and I took a walk around the neighborhood tonight. We walked by a field that was filled with bright yellow dandelions.

I know they are weeds. 

The Man made a few comments about me taking pictures of weeds. Especially since I was practically lying on the side of the road trying to get a good angle.

But aren't they pretty?

I like them. Of course, I like anything with lots of color and there is just.so.much.yellow in that field I can't stand it.

To a Dandelion
Blessings on thy sunny face,
In my heart thou hast a place,
Humble Dandelion!
Forms more lovely are around thee,
Purple violets surround thee,--
But I know thy honest heart
Never felt a moment's smart
At another's good or beauty,--
Ever at thy post of duty,
Smiling on the great and small,
Rich and poor, and wishing all
Health, and happiness, and pleasure,
Oh, thou art a golden treasure!
-Helen M. Johnson

More color.

On the side of our house. I never notice these when I'm driving up to the house. 

It's funny how much more you see when you're walking. 

Moving slower.

That sounds like a life lesson. Slow down and you will see more.

~~~~~~~~~~

Went to NYC this past weekend. I'll post some photos tomorrow. 

Comments

  1. I'm glad you got to NY. And got back.

    Great dandelion picture!! I was so glad to see the first dandelion this spring, I can't tell you - after that winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers and great recipe...but I am too cheap to buy basil at the outrageous supermarket prices, so I will have to wait until I can pick it from my garden!!! It sounds heavenly. I love the Italian Trifecta !!!(basil, mozz, tomatoes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this recipe looks delicious! Can't wait to try....especially since i plan to plant both tomatoes and basil in our garden this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment