New York City, revisited

I traveled to NYC with the teen group from my library on Saturday. We took a tour of the New York Public Library and then walked around Times Square for the afternoon.

It was a beautiful, sunny spring day. Everyone was happy to be outside.

Tourists everywhere.

Football players lined up outside Radio City Music Hall. It was the NFL draft, baby.

Someone that traveled with us on the bus saw Pamela Anderson. And took a picture.

Not me.

I saw Winnie the Pooh. The real one.

He lives at the NYPL.
We ate lunch in Bryant Park, behind the library. It was not very crowded and was a such a nice spot to sit and people watch.


And bird watch.


And flower watch.
The NYPL doesn't feel like a library. It feels like a museum.

There aren't any books anywhere. You can't browse the bookshelves. 

There's too many books. And you could get lost.

So they have you fill out a slip and send it off in a tube to some person waiting at the other end of the tube to get your slip and go retrieve your book. It takes about 20 minutes.

Strange.
After our tour, they all wanted to go to Times Square. And shop, of course.

I love all the kitschy M&M stuff in the huge M&M store. And what's a trip to NYC without some sort of Statue of Liberty photo. 

Even if it is a green M&M.

~~~~~~~~~~

For all my facebook friends who have already seen these pictures - sorry you have to see them again. I picked my favorites from the day for this blog posting.

Comments

  1. I could NEVER be sick of seeing your amazing photos....love seeing them again on the blog because now I see the story behind it!
    I will have to visit the NYPL...looks soooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures that are your favorites also...the m n m would be a great postcard!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment