Love Your Momma Day


We are VERY. FIERCE. WOMEN.

Ha.

My friend D and I participated in a 5K color run back in May.

We did NOT run.

We walked. At a pretty decent pace, if I do say so myself. We passed people much younger than ourselves so we definitely weren't walking at a Sunday-stroll-around-the-promenade pace.

D and her daughter, L (J's girlfriend) talked K and I into doing this and I'm so glad they did! It was a gorgeous spring day to be outside with plenty of sunshine and lots and lots of color all around. L and K ran most of the race and finished well before us. They were covered in color. While D and I were walking quickly through the color stations, K and L were lolling around in them absorbing every color under the sun. Then running to the next station to do it all over with a new color.

Think rainbow unicorns.

~~~~~~~~~~

So we took the photo above before the race started and tried to look as fierce as we could, showing off tattoos.

Temporary tattoos. Ain't nobody putting a real tattoo on my body.

A good day. A fun day. An "I'm so happy I finished this" day.
Mother's Day was spent exploring a small hamlet with lots of old buildings.

Chipped paint. Rust and other tell-tale signs of age. Overgrown trees and shrubs. All of this made for some interesting backdrops.
When we had finished exploring we were all hungry so we found a small roadside stand selling hamburgs and hot dogs and french fries and milkshakes.

It's a good thing we don't eat like this all the time. But, boy, did it taste good while we were eating it.

Not wanting the day to end, we found a couple local wineries to visit and came home with some tasty new wines to try. And lots of wineglasses.

Too many wineglasses.

I decided that when J and K get married I'm going to throw a wineglass on the floor and yell, "OPA!" every half hour or so. That will lighten our wineglass population.
One of my favorites from the day. The Man did good.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so happy and thankful that J and K still humor me and let me spend a day with them in front of the camera. I know the day will come when they won't have the time or the desire to do this, so I treat each Mother's Day they do it as the gift it is and that makes it extra special to me.

They really are the best son and daughter. Love them to the moon and back.

Comments