An A-MAZE-ing Day!

And this folks, right here, is why the kids call the Man "the goat".

He is still the most agile guy I know, jumping up on swinging logs at age 64. Crazy.
__________

Meanwhile, I tripped on a divot in the driveway to the apple farm and nearly did a face plant in the dirt. 
K had taken my nieces to a corn maze last weekend and they had so much fun they wanted to do it again. They invited us along too!

I was a little apprehensive about it. I don't like the feeling of being trapped and not being able to get out. I kept looking at the corn paths to see if I could make an escape if I had to. The farm has you watch this video before you go into the maze telling your all the rules. One of them is a hefty fine if you damage the maze. 

Fine, schmine. If I needed to get out, you bet I was walking through the corn to get out.

Thankfully, E got us through the maze in 53 minutes. Last weekend it took them 2.5 hours. You can understand why I was a bit nervous.
E showing the map of the maze to the Man. J mocking the way the Man is standing. 

I bought some kettle corn to eat while we were walking around the maze and I started dropping pieces of it, leaving a trail behind me. I wanted to make sure we weren't going in circles. 

I was pretty happy when E finally found the way out. She's a tenacious little thing. She didn't give up at all.
After the maze, we had some lunch and then headed to an apple farm for apple cider donuts and hot apple cider.
__________

This is where I nearly did my face plant. We were walking in to the apple farm and E, Sissy, and I were  talking when all of sudden I was on my knees with my camera splayed out in front of me.

It happened so quick.

The apple farm must have just put down some gravel like substance on the parking lot and it was still loose. It hadn't compacted yet from cars driving on it. There was a divot in the ground and my foot sunk into the gravel stuff and down I went.

I was fine. I was more concerned about my camera. E and Sissy were laughing so hard they were bent over.

The Man and J just shook their heads. They know how graceful I am.
The farm had animals for the kids to interact with, feeding them and getting to see them up close and personal. There were goats, and pigs, and a llama.

J calls me "mama llama".

I see no resemblance.
Very curious fellow.
An abundant fall harvest.
We didn't pick any of our own apples. They had tons of already picked ones to choose from. So sweet and crunchy and delicious.
So many apples to pick from.
Cinderella pumpkins.
__________

After the grand fall, my camera tested just fine.

This is one heavy duty workhorse of a lens, people. This is the second time I've fallen with this lens. The first time I was with some friends in Charleston, SC and tripped on a cobble stone in the road. Slam! Down I went, smacking the lens and camera on the cobble stones. The camera kept working and so did the lens. Nikon makes some hefty, durable lenses.

Comments