Gray Skies and Donut Holes

Kind of a gloomy day around here. 

Gray skies and misty air. 

There's still some color left on the trees. Hoping it lasts through the weekend. K and her fiance, B, asked if I would do their engagement photos and it would be nice to have fall color for them.
The Man and I stopped at a coffee shop  on the way from church on Sunday. I bought a box of donut holes. They made me think of Mom.

She often brought home donut holes for the the kids on Friday afternoons. They loved coming home from school and finding that box on the kitchen counter. I think she felt good bringing them home a treat since she wasn't making chocolate chip cookies anymore.

So when I saw them, I thought of Mom, bought some donuts for us to share, and smiled.

Comments

  1. I'm still oohing over the fact that you're now a grandma! But donut holes are sweet too. ;) What a rich, beautiful time in you and your family's life! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm still oohing over being a grandma! Thanks for the sweet words, Val.

      Delete

Post a Comment