Baby Quilt Day

One of K's friends had a baby boy a few days ago. He's such a cute little nugget. I've known he was coming for many months and wanted to make a baby quilt for him. I finally made it on Saturday. Nothing super fancy, just a simple striped quilt with random sized strips.

My MIL was the quilt maker in the family. My SIL has taken her place. They both have made very beautiful quilts. 

When K had little man O, I made a baby quilt for him. Something he can drag around and get comfy with, just like the baby quilts my kids had from Grandma.

I had so much fun making little man O's quilt, I decided to make one for K's friend and her little man.
They are dog people so I used a paw print and dog bone fabric for the back. I chose shades of blue and green with a little gray thrown in for the stripes.

I don't do fancy quilting. I took a quilting class once and made a hand quilted wallhanging. I pricked myself so many times with the quilting needle that I bled. This is an extreme craft, people.

After that I decided I was going to machine quilt and I was going to do it as simple as possible. I stitch in the ditch randomly, making little quilted lines about an inch or so long. You can hardly see them but they hold the batting in place.
My MIL always took a picture of the quilts she made. She hung them on the clothesline to take the photo. 

I'm just continuing the tradition.
All folded up and ready for packaging. I'm so pleased with how it turned out. 
I found the cutest cookie cutter, a baby elephant, and used that as a package topper. So very adorable!


Comments