Fall Comfort Food



Wow. This was so tasty. The Man outdid himself with this meal. My friend over at Searching For A Balance gave me the recipe after telling me about it last week. She said it was very delicious and she was right.
__________

I made the dumplings. I was kind of tired when I made them so I was very loosey-goosey about it. The Man had used every measuring device we own so I was limited in what I had on hand. I wasn't about to wash anything. Phthsshh to that.

I had a one cup measuring cup and a teaspoon available. I eyeballed all the measurements. Totally guessed. Didn't have any self rising flour so I looked up how to make my own. Guessed at the conversion for 1.5 cups of flour. Substituted onion powder for chives. To tell you the truth, I wasn't expecting much from them.

They came out fantastic.
We had a bunch of apples left from a visit to an orchard a few weeks ago. The Man decided to make a pie so we didn't lose them.

He uses a tried and true recipe from The Betty Crocker Cookbook. Except he cuts the sugar a bit. And he buys a store made crust. We don't believe in following recipes, I guess.

Absolutely delicious.

A perfect meal for a cool fall evening.

Comments

  1. Oh - my self-rising flour was bad, so I ended up using a regular recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook, and they were good. The pie looks nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self rising flour wasn't hard to make. It would have gone much smoother with the right measuring utensils!

      Delete

Post a Comment