Happy Hydrangea

The Hammer, my friend M's husband, dropped off a beautiful hydrangea plant several weeks ago. I had been admiring their hydrangeas and mentioned that I was thinking of getting a couple for the front of our house. 

The next day there was one on my back porch.
This is the most beautiful hydrangea I've ever seen. It's got every shade under the sun blooming right now: blue, purple, lavender, pink, fuchsia, green. Honestly, it's stunning. The Man planted it right where I see it every time I pull in or out of the driveway. I love it so.

I hope I don't kill it.
__________

The Man and I got to babysit little man O tonight. I picked him up from daycare and we had to stop and pick up dinner at the local pizza joint. While he waited for our turn, he looked all around, checking things out, watching people. He's such a quiet little guy, always watching, taking it all in.

It was time for him to eat by the time we got home. The Man and I got to feed him sweet potatoes, which he loves. His little mouth opened wide, like a baby bird, for each spoonful. He made "mmmmm" sounds and hit the tray with his little hand, banging away with enthusiasm.

Uncle J came over to see him and we all played with him, trying to get him to laugh. He smiled a lot, laughed a few times at our silly antics, and was a practically perfect baby all night.

He fell asleep while I was holding him, nestled snug against me. I held him like that for a long while before putting him in the crib. The Man, J, and I got into quite a discussion about politics while he slept. I love those conversations with J. He's such a smart guy and has such a good head on his shoulders. I really value his opinion.

I had to get little man O up for his bedtime feeding at ten and he stayed asleep during that whole time. His eyes peeped open a couple times but they just couldn't stay open and he went right back to sleep. After he finished the bottle, I just held him in my arms. I sat with him cradled in my arms, watched him sleep and gave him little kisses every now and then before returning him to his crib.

I know how fast this age goes by. I'm savoring every moment with him.

Comments