Altered Books






Altered books. That's the latest project M and I are working on. If you don't know what an altered book is, you can read about them here or here.


We spent today preparing our books and painting some of the background colors. We brainstormed themes and ideas and did some stream of consciousness writing to get them down on paper.

My opening page. And my theme - bound.

Bound together. Spellbound. Rebound. Boundary. Abounding love.

So many thoughts running through our heads.

I couldn't write fast enough.

Before I knew it, there were a half dozen page ideas on paper. I can't wait to flesh them out and bring them to life.
One of M's pages. Letting go.

We all have things we need to let go. Envy, hurt feelings, things out of our control. I love the visual behind this. The butterflies taking flight. With all of those things she's letting go. A gentle way of letting go, not a painful one.

"Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go." ~Herman Hesse.

I just finished a powerful young adult book about letting go. "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman.

A horrendous accident.

A deep, pure love.

And a choice to make. 

Read this book. And keep a box of tissues by your side. I'm just warning you.
I'm not sure what this page will end up reflecting. But I like the start of it.

Wild thing.

Oh, yeah, I can see where this could lead.

Finally, I'll leave you tonight with some vignettes from my life this week. Peaceful, quiet winter whisperings. 

One kind word can warm three winter months. ~Japanese proverb

Comments

  1. Don't let our boss at the library know you're cutting up books - hehe. Lovely photos, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lisa- haha, remember her book lamps? If she can drill holes through them, I can cut them up =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah....... ha ha But those were Reader's Digest abridged - that's different, isn't it? :-O

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment