A wee bit of snow

Got a wee bit of snow between last night and tonight. Um, over two feet of snow. 

This is the kind of snow I remember having when I was a kid. Dad and I were talking about this while he was visiting for Christmas.

He hightailed it out of here just in the nick of time. 
It took all four of us, and grandma, to move the snow. Although we only let grandma sweep the porch, where a couple inches had blown in. We were fussing at her and didn't want her to come out and do any hard work. She agreed to only sweeping the porches, telling us she needed to get some exercise. I think she just wanted an excuse to wear her spiffy new hat. 
J had to take a break after whittling down a large, huge, unbelievably ginormous pile of snow that had built up at the end of the driveway.
K and I were taking a break on the back porch. I ran in and grabbed my camera before the boys discovered that we were playing hooky from shoveling.

I got a bit obsessed with this red scarf. Something about all that white was screaming out for red. All I could think about was a copy of "Little Red Riding Hood" that we have at the library. 

I've also been working on an idea for a pillow with that theme. Hmmm, maybe I'll use her red cloak  hanging on a laundry line against a white, snowy background. And the wolf could be watching from the edge of the woods. 

I like that.
Black and white. Another thing I like about snowfalls.
Our reward for all the shoveling we did? German apple cake with Go Over.

Find it here. Scroll down to the bottom of the page because it's the last recipe.

Do it now. It's that good.

For all my friends on fb, sorry you have to see these photos twice. I just love them so.

Comments

  1. If you're taking votes on the red scarf photos, the first is my favorite. For some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too, Lisa. The scarf is a little more lively in that photo, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment