Over the river and through the woods...

Over the river and through the woods.....that's what I think of when I look out my back window. Can you see the brook, or creek if you live in a place that says creek, in the top right corner of the photo? It's just a little brook, kind of winding its way through the woods. It sparkles brightly when the sun hits it just so.

But not today.

Today was supposed to be sunny and in the 40s.

Ha. Those pesky weather men have egg on their face. It was not in the 40s and it was not sunny. It was foggy. It even rained all day. I should get a job as a weather girl. I think I could do a good job. For starters, I'd open the door every morning, look out, see what it's doing and tell everyone.

"It's raining, today. And it looks like it's going to rain all day. Check back in a couple hours and I'll tell you."

That's what I would say. I bet I would be more accurate than they are. 
I took the Christmas ornaments out of the window frame and put some snowflakes in.

I. love. it.

Simple, simple, simple and it didn't cost me anything. I already had the snowflakes from years past. Good thing I'm a saver. Good thing I knew where those snowflakes were stored. 
I've been trying to get J and K outside for some photos the last few days. But they're so busy. And it was raining and messy.

I wanted some practice. Practice shooting in white snow. Practice with white balance. Practice with metering. Practice with staging models. Practice with getting models to relax. Practice with post-editing.

I think I really just wanted to shoot some photos outside. I'm tired of walking around my house, looking for things to shoot. 

It's hard to be a photographer in the winter, I think. I'm feeling empty - empty of ideas, of backdrops, of props, of color. White snow is not much fun to shoot. How do other photographers get through winter? Please leave me a comment if you have any good ideas. 
It was okay. But I need more practice. And I need more models. These two have had enough of modeling for me, I think.

Comments

  1. Nice pictures. But how can a non-photographer have ideas for a real photographer? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous pictures, I love the path through the snow one!! Reminds me of Little House in the Big Woods!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment