Winter storms

More snow forecasted for tomorrow. 

This is how winter looks to me right now. 

Cold.

Stark.

Barren.

But I won't be fooled. Winter is so much more than that.
Time to snuggle in with cups of hot tea, engrossing books to read, needlework in the lap and blankets all around.

Maybe some cookies to bake. 

Comfort. That's what winter is. Full of comfort stuff. 

This is what winter feels like. Yeah, comfort.

"There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you.... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself."  ~Ruth Stout

"Brew me a cup for a winter's night.
For the wind howls loud and the furies fight:
Spice it with love and stir it with care,
And I'll toast our bright eyes, my sweetheart fair."
~Minna Thomas Antrim

Comments

  1. Love that picture of K. So colorful and expressive :)
    And I love the stark contrast of the gray in the first picture!
    Yup..it's going to be SUCH a cold weekend that hot tea, blankets, a good book and emptying what's on the DVR is exactly what I had in mind too :)
    [And some baking]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment