Winter Warmth

Snippets from my new knitting project. I'm making knitted Christmas stockings for the Man, J. and K., and myself. 

Well, you probably can't tell they're stockings. Actually, you probably can't tell much about them at all. Except the colors. I hope you can see those nice and clear. K. picked blues, and some greens, for her stocking. Only she didn't know she picked those colors until I told her she did. Ha.

I know my daughter.

She walked by, saw me knitting, felt the lighter blue and green stripes and said, "Wow, that's pretty. I like that." 

I knew it. 

I started it last night at knitting class and I'm almost done with the leg part. Soon I get to the heel. Ooh, fun. No, really. I like the heel part. That makes it look like a stocking.

On a totally random note, the photo in the bottom right is chicken saltimbocca. The Man has been wanting to try this recipe from Giada for a while and decided today was the day. Yay for me! It was lemony, salty, tasty, and lip-smackin' good.

I wanted to lick my plate.

If you want an excellent Italian cookbook, try this one. When work slows down in the winter months for the Man, he takes to the kitchen and grabs this cookbook. Giada's the pasta boss.
"Forgotten English" word for today : married all o'er

"Said of women who after their marriage...become...miserable-looking."

Nope, doesn't apply to me.

P.S. Ugh. Used the wrong size  note cards for my vintage calendar. So it's still not done yet. 

Comments

  1. Love the colors of the stocking!!! It was Taylor's last night home, so I didn't make it to knitting club, but I will be there in 2 weeks!
    I love Giada too...I have her Everyday Pasta book....love her simple and delish recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides the fact that she has an abnormally large head, I love Giada too!

    And those stockings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice that you're planning new Christmas things for the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. annie - knitting is next week. we got off a week over the holiday period.

    @taylor and lisa - the stocking is almost done for K. one down, three to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment