So here's my valentine subway art framed and matted.

I.heart.this.project.

I can't stop looking at it. The red gets me every time. After black, red is my new favorite color. All shades of it. I don't discriminate. Well, except for orange-reds. I don't really like those at all. 

I have some ideas for other things to do with this piece. But I'm still working on them. Stay tuned.
I bought these pears with this photo in mind. I wanted to play with textures and actions and learn some more about Photoshop. 

{I really love Photoshop. REALLY love it.}

Actually, I bought five pears for the project. One of them got eaten. 

Gasp.

I walked into the kitchen one afternoon and the Man was standing over the sink eating something, juice dripping down into the sink.

"Ack! What are you eating?!!!" I asked. Er, actually, I screeched.

Sheer panic on the Man's face as he whipped his head around to look at me. "Uh pfaear," he could barely garble out, as his mouth was filled with my photo project. 

"I was going to use those pears for a photo! How could you eat them?" says I, a bit irrationally. How was he to know I was using them for a photo project?

"How was I supposed to know that?" he says, rather defensively. Of course, I'm standing next to him, hands on hip, with a slightly raised voice and a wee bit of an attitude accusing him of ruining my artistic endeavor. Geesh. You'd think he'd be used to me after all these years.

He does have a point, though. So I'm really mad at myself for not telling him about the pears. And for having an even number now. 

Oh well. It is what it is. A four pear picture.

Comments

  1. Cheryl, you have SUCH an amazing way to tell a story! I can clearly *see* Dan's expression as he turned to look at you, and yours back to him. Thank you for the chuckle...no, belly laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah! too funny!! The photo looks like a painted canvas! Photoshop is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment