High Tech Thoughts

Too much clutter. Electronic clutter.


We communicate via facebook, twitter, email, text messaging, instant messaging, and Skype. Bills get paid online, or via cell phone, or credit card swipe attachments for our cell phones. We shop online, we buy groceries through PeaPod, and we confirm appointments and get monthly statements and do our banking and manage our lives all electronically.


I can't stand it. I get a wee bit distressed when I start thinking about all the electronic clutter in my life. Of course, I'm typing this on my laptop, which isn't any form of electronic clutter at all. Ha.


But I can't imagine life without it - bill paying is easy online, texting is the fastest way to communicate with kids, keeping in touch with friends is a cinch on facebook. My life seems so much easier in many ways. But is it better?


I still feel like something's missing.


And I don't know what it is. 


Do you?

Comments