Distracted Me

Day off today.

I woke up determined to make this a most productive day -  cleaning and organizing, sorting and washing. I have lots to do to whip this house into shape. It started out fine. I changed the sheets on the bed. Brought them downstairs and immediately got a load of wash going.

There. Fantastic start.

Hmmm. It's pretty hot already and it's only 8:30 am. I don't want to get overheated so I better take a short break and get a glass of water.

While I'm drinking, I should check facebook and see if anyone messaged me about the photo shoots we've been scheduling. Answered a few messages. Wished someone a happy birthday. And remembered that it was my turn to do snack tonight at knitting. Better look at Pinterest to find a couple recipes. But first, I need to get my morning coffee. I haven't had it yet. I really need that if I'm going to be settling in to my cozy chair to find a recipe or two. 

Go get morning coffee. Heat it up in the microwave since the Man made it at o'dark thirty this morning before he left for work and it's long since gone cold. Settle in to my chair and grab the laptop. Search Pinterest

and search

and search

and search.

Take a sip of coffee, discover it is ice cold, and look at the clock. How can this coffee have cooled off in just five minutes?

Uh-oh. It's 9:45 am. Well, that's still okay. Plenty of time to clean and straighten.

But first I should go to the grocery store and get what I need to make snack tonight. And something for dinner. I'm feeling a bit domestic today so I guess I could make a side dish or two, seeing as how I'm still not cooking.

That means a grocery list. Which means I have to check my pantry so I don't buy any more black beans. I always think I'm out of black beans and buy a can or two when I shop. Then I get home to discover that I have seventy-two cans stored in the pantry. Not today, no sir. Today I'm checking the pantry.

By the time I get out of the house, I have to go grocery shopping, stop at one bank to deposit J's check, stop at another bank to deposit change from my change jar, and run to the post office to get stamps and mail some letters for the Man. 

It's 11:00 am. Not good.

Get to the first bank, realize I left the change jar at home, and run back home to get it.

It's 11:30 am. Really not good.

Head back out. Bank. Again. Grocery shop. Post office.

It's 12:30 pm. Feeling a little pressure about the time but that just makes me glisten more so I get another glass of water and sit down for a minute.

(By the way, I don't sweat. I glisten.)

Decide to chop up all the vegetables and fruits I need for the recipes and get those done. It's a good thing I was making healthy dishes because there was snacking going on. I had to. There was no time for lunch, people.

There, all the dishes are made and in the refrigerator. And it's only 2:00 pm.

I still have time to do some cleaning before knitting tonight. I decide to start in the living room and pick up the first few things I see - a few items I got at the flea market last weekend at the beach.

The beach?

Wasn't I supposed to pick something up for Uncle T? To bring back this weekend?

Oh no. I have to go back out. 

Aaaargh.

Back in the car. Drive as fast as the speed limit allows, run in to the craft store, search for the one item that can't be found anywhere in the store, finally find it, buy it, and start for home.


Oh, look. There's Kohl's. Maybe I should stop in. They were having a really good sale last week. I might be able to find a top to match those shorts I bought for the Man's company picnic in a few weeks. Try on twenty-seven tops to find one I like.

It's after 4:00 pm when I get home and the Man is already there. No more cleaning for me today.

Score - 

Cleaning and Productive me : 0
Distracted me : 1




Comments

Post a Comment