Pinks

A very restful, quiet fourth of July for us.


The Man puttered in the flower gardens, planting the new perennials I picked out last week. That seems to work out best for us. I pick the plants and he plants them.


Although I have to watch him closely. Sometimes he tears things out that he's not supposed to - like the beautiful pinks we have blooming right now. One of my favorite flowers.


I was coming home this afternoon and saw him working in the front yard, weeding and cleaning out the beds. From a distance, I saw a suspicious color in the bright blue wheelbarrow. A pink color.


I turned into the driveway on two wheels and jumped out of the car, barely taking time to put it in park and shut if off. I marched over to the wheelbarrow. Yup, he had ripped out a small bunch of pinks.


What are you doing? We're supposed to be adding color to the beds, not removing it!


He assured me it was okay, they needed to be thinned out a bit and, um, er, they were in his way while he was weeding.


Then he dropped the atomic bomb of all responses.


If you don't like how I'm doing it, you can do it yourself.


Oh no, you don't. I like your way just fine. Just fine.


I scooted myself out of there p.d.q. (pretty darn quick for any non-acronym people).


~~~~~~~~~~


I didn't really turn into the driveway on two wheels. I keep all four on the ground when I drive. Just so you know.
Found these gorgeous chandelier crystals at a thrift shop last week. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them but it'll be something spectacularly sparkly.


Say that five times fast.

Comments

Post a Comment