An Unwanted Visitor


Velvet pumpkins are everywhere and I jumped right on that bandwagon. I've picked up all kinds of colors: orange, burgundy, green, brown, bronze. 

Love the texture and softness of the velvet.
__________

On another note, we had some excitement at the library today. 

The phone rang and the person on the other end of the line wanted to talk to our programming coordinator, who works in the Reference area. I called her extension and she didn't answer. I tried an alternate line and she didn't answer that one either.

Hmmm, what's going on down there?

I knew she was in Reference so I asked the person to hold on a little bit longer while I went to look for her. 

When I got down to the Reference area, she wasn't anywhere to be found. I noticed the door to the Director's office was closed so I knocked and then started to open it. 

"Close the door! Quick!" I heard, as I walked in the office. Looking around, I saw lots of boxes on the floor, stacked up everywhere. 

"What's going on in here?" I asked. 

"A chipmunk got inside through the chimney!" said the Director and the programming coordinator at the same time.

"Phone call for F on line 1," I said quickly and skedaddled out of there. I am not an animal control officer. And I was not needed in there. At all.
__________

Later in the day, I found out that they had finally gotten it outside by creating some sort of maze/pathway with all the boxes. It turns out it was actually a flying squirrel. In the library.

Crazy.


Comments