Onion Trickery

No more carved pumpkins for us. Too much work. It's much easier putting a flameless candle in this lantern.

I think.

It's new so I'm not really sure how it's going to look. I should probably test it out before Halloween night. I have high hopes. 

I'll let you know how it turns out.
__________

We had Thanksgiving burritos for dinner. One of the ingredients in them are browned onions and as I was browning the onions, it reminded me of a story Mom once told me.

Dad (the Man's dad) worked a 9-5 office job and liked to come home to find dinner ready and put on the table a few minutes after he got home. Most of the time Mom managed to do this but every now and then dinner wasn't quite ready when Dad got home. Not a good thing.

So one day Mom was out shopping and got home late. Dinner was not going to be ready in time. She had to think fast and make it seem like dinner was close to being done. 

She had an idea.

She started frying an onion.

Dad walked in, smelled the kitchen and all was right in the world. He thought dinner was coming along just fine. She never did use the onion that night.

Every time I smell an onion cooking it reminds me just how smart Mom is. 

Comments