Charlottesville

Our last day was spent in Charlottesville - particularly at Monticello. It's someplace I've always wanted to visit.

It wasn't too busy when we arrived first thing in the morning but there were plenty of people around, including several school groups.

Boy, I forgot how noisy kids are. I was quickly reminded.
This is the most famous view. It's the image you see on the nickel.

They don't let you take photos inside so I only have a few outside shots and some from the basement level. We were allowed to shoot down there.
View from the garden area. Monticello sits on top of a small mountain and has gorgeous views all around. 
Okra. The Man and I tried some friend okra earlier in the week. I wanted to like it. I really did. But I didn't care for it at all. Maybe cooked some other way but not fried.
I loved these purple beans. Such a gorgeous color.
Fall colors are starting to take over. These yellow leaves were brilliant in the bright sunshine.
After we left Monticello, we drove out to a small town called Scottsville. Population is less than 600 at the last census. It was a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of town. But it had a very cute main street with a tavern on one end so we stopped for lunch.

The place was super busy. I think every person in town was having lunch at the same time and it took forever to get our food. I tried the catfish. It was okay. I think I'm getting tired of eating out. 
__________

We drove through the countryside for a couple hours and I snapped some random shots of the scenery.
Lots of farmland. Lots of clear, open fields. Virginia is a beautiful state. But I'm ready to go home.

There's no place like home. Truly.

Comments