Skyline Drive and Home Sweet Home

The Man and I headed for home at o'dark thirty (again). We were coming home via the Skyline Drive, which runs North-South along the spine of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It's part of the Shenandoah National Park.

It runs 105 miles and covers almost 200,000 acres. Since the speed limit is 35mph, it takes about three hours to drive the whole thing.

We found out rather quickly why you can only go 35mph. First, the roads are narrow in spots and twist and wind through the mountains. These are some seriously curvy roads. Second, there are lots of scenic overlooks on the drive and you don't want to go whizzing by them. Lastly, we saw at least fifteen deer on the side of the road, running along the road, running into the road. Running everywhere. You simply can not drive fast.
We started out in the dark but the sun came up soon enough and we saw some spectacular views.
One of the fifteen deer we saw. There were three does standing on the side of the ride, not moving. They just watched us and stood nice and still so I could snap a few pics.

Thank you, ladies.
Lots of gold. Not very much red.
Some silly Halloween decorations at the end of the drive. Love the little pink pig.
__________

Now that I'm home I can edit the photos from the trip much better. I have limited tools while traveling. I'm excited to see some of these after I'm done.

It was nice to come home. The kids were happy to see us (I think) and Mom was definitely happy we were home. She told us J took "excellent care" of her during the week. 

Good job, J.

Comments