Hampton, Day Two

What a glorious day it was - the weather was perfect. Sunny and high 60s with a light breeze. Great day to be out walking around enjoying this fantastic fall weather.

We started the day out at Buckroe Beach and found a fishing pier to walk on. A real fishing pier. Lots of people were out, trying all kinds of bait. The Man stopped and talked to a few of them. He's a friendly sort when it comes to getting fishing information.
__________
The cutting boards on the railing are definitely used. There were remnants of who knows what and a vague red tint to the boards. One man was cutting up bait shrimp on the boards as I walked by. 

Blech.

The Man loved every minute of it.
View from the fishing pier.

What a perfect beach view.
We left the pier and walked along the beach for a while.
He found me a giant piece of sea glass.

And a perfect spiral shaped shell.
As I was walking along, I found a bouquet of flowers strewn along the sand. Blooms crushed and flattened and torn apart from their stems.

I wonder what happened to them? I'm picturing a proposal gone wrong or a boyfriend/husband trying to make amends and they weren't well received. Or a dog got hold of the blooms and took off down the beach, people chasing after him trying to get the flowers back.

Really, my imagination runs wild sometimes.
Weathered wood.

Texture.
Dreamy boat.
__________
After Buckroe Beach, we found Fort Monroe, also called Freedom's Fortress. I love going to historical museums and the one at Fort Monroe is very good. Lots of information and you get to meander through the part of the fort where they held Jefferson Davis. I'm not a huge Civil War fan but I learned a few things walking through the museum, like Fort Monroe was a Union stronghold in Confederate territory. 

Yikes.
The hotel we're staying at has pictures like this in the rooms.

Pieces of nautica.
The Man and I had a late lunch so we weren't very hungry at dinner time. We opted to stop at a local brewery and have an appetizer and flights of beer. 

As we enjoyed our food and beer outside, I spotted some lights in the distance. We walked over after we finished and found a carousel with lots of white fairy lights in the trees around it. 

So pretty.

Comments