Tap, Tap, Tap

Last summer I noticed our neighbor had a string of something shiny hanging off the back of his house. I had no idea what it was or what its purpose was.

The next time I saw him, I asked.

It was a plastic necklace of gold miniature playing cards with beads interspersed.

Huh.

Why? I asked him.

It's to keep the woodpeckers away, he said.

So that's why we have woodpeckers, I said. They've left your yard and flocked to mine.

Gimme one of those necklaces.
So we hung up silver stars and my neighbor came over with some gold playing cards and we are now woodpecker free.

We may look a little crazy but there's no more tap, tap, tapping going on in our yard.
__________

Interesting little side note - my neighbor told me they are looking for sap, not bugs. They tap, tap, tap to find the sap.

Comments

  1. :) My dad hangs in his garden the round foil seals that come in cans of nuts or other food containers. They catch the flight with the breeze and are supposed to scare away birds that would otherwise peck at his berry bushes. He scared HIMSELF with the fake snake he had out there--he forgot he'd put it there--so the foil pieces are the latest attempt. :)

    'Glad you're writing again. The wrist/arm is better, then? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Fake snake! That would scare me too =) Yes, I'm writing again. The arm is all healed and I've been wielding my camera again. It's been a long time. So glad you're still with me, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good. :) And oh, yes, I think I've read all the new posts. I started my new job at the end of May and have just been overwhelmed and finding it hard to get back into my old routines, so I haven't been writing on the blog or commenting on the ones I read much lately. And I hurt my foot in early May and it's just in the past few weeks starting to feel better, so I have been skipping all my long picture-taking walks all these months too. I got about two miles in today in my new walking shoes, and it felt great to do even that much and take a few pictures again. ANYWAY, :) yes, I'm here. 'Glad you're back too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your foot. It's not fun being incapacitated. Hope your new job is going well. Change is hard and can certainly mess up routines! The same thing happened to me when I went from working three days to working four. Yikes. You wouldn't think one little day could make such a difference....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment