Momma Knows Best

My new fall wreath.

A little out of focus but still pretty.
__________

A momma and her {very} young girl child and baby sister visited us at the library this morning. Girl child was only a little over two years old and absolutely precocious.

Momma thought story hour started this week but it didn't. It starts next week. Momma was a bit disconcerted that she mixed up the dates but with two little ones on her hands, it was totally understandable. Been there, done that.

They wanted to choose some library books but Momma forgot her library card. She ran home to get it and came back so girl child could get her books. They came up to the desk to check out the three books they had chosen - one big book and two little books. When I was finished checking them out, girl child wanted to carry all three books. But the big book was pretty big and Momma didn't think girl child could carry all three. Girl child insisted on carrying all of them so Momma let her try. Girl child picked up the two little books and put them under her arm. She picked up the big book and it immediately started to drop toward the floor. Momma grabbed the book and girl child was off, going down the stairs. Where she promptly dropped the two little books.

Silly girl child, Momma knows best.
__________

So K's dog, Brady, has picked up a mild case of fleas. 

I suspected he did when K showed up one day 

{oh yes, I forgot to mention that K has bought her own condo and moved out of our house}

with bites all over her ankles and the surrounding areas. I commented that they looked like flea bites but she assured me they were bug bites she got when she walked Brady one morning. I reiterated that they really looked like flea bites but she kept insisting they were mosquito bites.

Yeah, right.

Fast forward a couple days and I'm sitting in my living room. I was doing some needlework and saw a black speck on my thumb. Before I could identify it, it jumped. As soon as it jumped, I knew. And then I jumped.

The Man dragged out the vacuum and went crazy all over the house. 

I immediately texted K to tell her that her dog had fleas. And to check his skin for tiny black seed looking things. She examined him and texted back that she had found some. Gulp.

One call to the vet for tick medicine, a big bottle of flea and tick shampoo, and multiple loads of laundry with lots of vacuuming later, the fleas are gone.

Silly K, Momma knows best.

Comments