Road Regret

The sun was sha-shining bright this morning on my back porch.

I grabbed my camera and clicked away for about half an hour. The flowers just kept looking prettier and prettier each time I moved them around.

We have this supermarket in town that marks down flower bouquets just about every day. I stop in a couple times a week to get fresh flowers when I don't have enough to pick from in the yard.

You can get a bouquet of flowers for three or four dollars. What a bargain.

That buys me a week of smiles when I come home and see them waiting for me on my back porch.
Miss PG and I were driving home from our walk this morning and we saw a dresser on the side of the road.

Wheee...a U-turn and quick pullover to see if it was something that had to come home with me. We looked it over, fussed a bit about how to get it into the car, finally hoisted it into the back and off we went.

It didn't fit where I wanted it to go.

I wanted to put it on my back porch to hold candle jars and holders and other outside decorating things. But it's too big.

Uh-oh. Now I have to hide it so the Man doesn't see it. Well, that just ain't happening.

Sorry about the slang. It seems appropriate since I'm typing with a smirk on my face.

I left it on the patio and went off to work. I'll deal with you later, Mr. Dresser-that-doesn't-fit-where-I-want-you-to.
When I came home from work, the Man was waiting for me.

Somebody dropped off a dresser for us, he said, with a pointed look directly at me.

Oh, really, I squeaked out. And tried to slip past him to get into the house.

Then I 'fessed up.

He just shook his head at me. And told me to help him haul it to the end of the driveway for some other sap to pick up off the side of the road.

Comments