Home for the Holidays

Things I want to remember about today:

Listening to a favorite holiday piece that Searching For A Balance shared on her blog. Simple. Beautiful.


Driving in the car, singing Christmas carols with K and my nieces. Laughing and giggling at how offkey we sing. But singing anyway.

Watching K and E make fudge while D and I made Chex Muddy Buddies for Christmas. A friend of mine makes this yummy snack mix and adds peanut butter M&Ms to it, after mixing in the confectioner's sugar. Finger-lickin' delicious. 

Dad and I exchanging our favorite apps for our iPhones. I love how tech savvy my dad is and how unafraid he is to keep up with technology. I hope I'm like that when I'm his age.

Trying to say tongue twisters during dinner. Dad shared one that his grandfather used to say to him: "The skunk sat on the stump. The skunk said the stump stunk. The stump said the skunk stunk." I don't think anyone said it correctly for quite a while. Lots of laughs while we all took turns trying to wrap our tongues around this one.

Playing Risk with the Man, J, and K, Dad, and the girls after dinner. Dad laughing at all the antics of his grandchildren. His whole face smiles when he smiles. 

~~~~~~~~~~

So very happy that Dad is home for the holidays. It's not the same without him. 

Love him. Mean it.

Comments