Nutcrackers

Giant candy. Part of the decorations at the theatre today.

Sissy and I took all the girls to see the Nutcracker Ballet in the big city. K and I went last year and enjoyed it so much we wanted to go again. It's becoming a Christmas tradition every year. Maybe next year Other Sissy and my niece, MR, can join us.

They sell the sweetest little Nutcracker ornaments at the ballet. We each bought one to commemorate the day. Years from now, I know we'll be glad to have this collection of ornaments. It will mean lots of memories and will tell us how many years we've been going to see the show.

For now, we have two.

~~~~~~~~~~

Love spending time with K, Sissy and the girls. One of my nieces, E, and I sang Christmas songs on the way to breakfast. The other girls were not very c-o-o-p-e-r-a-t-i-v-e and refused to sing.

Bah humbug.

But not me and E. We were belting out tunes as fast and as loud as we could. It reminded me of when I was a young girl and Other Sissy and I would be in the car with Grampa, Nan's husband and my grandfather. He would sing Christmas songs with us as he drove us around, taking us to visit some of his sisters. He had eleven other siblings so we were always going to visit somebody.

I can still picture his smile. Good times.

Comments