First Bloom of Spring

Guess what I saw today? The first blooming crocus. Well, I didn't really see it first. My MIL told me about it as she was heading out the back door to go see if her tulips were coming up. But I grabbed my camera and headed out.

Spring is here. And not a moment too soon. I wasn't going to miss this first sign. No sirree, not me. I'm all over spring like white on rice.
Spring means lots of color. My photographs have seemed blah to me lately. I want more color. I'm tired of shooting white snow and black tree trunks. I should have thrown some red mittens in the pictures.

Rats. Why didn't I think of that two months ago?

I'm tired of my winter clothes. I'm tired of wearing coats and scarves. I'm tired of winter foods. I want to GRILL. Or rather, I want the Man to grill. I don't grill. He's afraid I'll burn the house down. I tried to light the grill once and almost singed my eyebrows off. That would not have been pretty.

So I don't grill.

And since I made that pretty padded folding chair, I'm itching to eat outside on my porch.

I want to go swimming. As soon as I lose twenty pounds. Then I'll get into my bathing suit.
Very soon. We'll be sitting on the beach very soon. And I can't wait.
It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain

Comments