Nifty Thrifty Wednesday #2

Found two things thrifting today. See that gorgeous bird fabric above? It's an oval tablecloth, 114" x 124". That's a lot of fabric. $3.99, what a bargain.

I'm not sure whether I'm going to use it as a tablecloth, or save it for some upholstering projects, or line a bag with it or make a pillow or two. But the vibrant colors jump off the fabric and want me to do something with them.

Hmmmm. As Pooh would say, "Think, think, think."
This pretty piece made me buy it. I picked it up and put it down at least three times.

I walked away.

I heard it call me and turned around. It looked lonely sitting there amidst some other junk treasures. I grabbed it before anyone else could. $2.99 later, it was mine.

Not that there was anyone else even standing near it. But there might have been a lurker or two, waiting for me to put it down and walk away again. Remember my matryoshka doll cheese grater? I almost lost that one.

Whew. It's a tough world out in thrift land.

Sissy found a Pyrex casserole dish just like our Mom's. And some pudding dishes. At least that's what I would use them for. I've got pudding on the brain.

Comments