What a Weekend

One of my favorite artists was playing in the area last night...John Hiatt and the Combo. He was at Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel in Providence. Isn't that a great name?

He sings one of my favorite songs.

The first 15 seconds are a little sketchy but stick with it. The sound straightens out after that.
A friend called me about two months ago and said she got us front row seats to see Mr. Hiatt. That sounded great. Front row. Wow. Super.

I've never had front row seats before.

(Well, actually, I have. It was kind of by default. When I was sixteen I went to see Bryan Adams and Journey but my seat was broken and in pieces on the floor.

The security guard brought me down to the FRONT row and sat me down. I stayed there, by myself, for Bryan Adams. My friends were all having fun without me.

After Bryan Adams played, I chose to go back to my friends and ended up standing for the whole Journey concert.

Can you believe that? I'd rather be with my friends than FRONT row at a concert FOR MY FAVORITE BAND.

Unbelievable.
)

The front row seats we had last night put us about fifteen feet away from the band. I'm still mulling that one over, kind of disbelieving I was that close to the stage.

Front row meant that the band would look out at the audience and we were the people they would see. Front row meant that we could hear all the in between song stuff, like sound adjustments and swapping out instruments. Front row meant that no one got in the way of my picture taking. And front row meant that we had the absolute best seats in the house.

But it gets better.

After the show, we hung out in the alley by their bus and got all the band members to sign our CDs. John Hiatt was very gracious and took a pic with us. I feel like a teen again.

What a great night.

Comments